Pupils who attend one of our PRU's and have already been permanently excluded can be reintegrated back into mainstream school. Pupils are identified by staff and a reintegration readiness assessment will be carried out.
Identified pupils will join the reintegration group and a dedicated Reintegration Officer will work with them in setting targets and monitoring progress.
Using the In Year Fair Access Protocol (IYFAP), a school is identified and support is organised by the Advisory Teacher. Pupils are supported for a fixed term in their new school by the Outreach Team.
Pupils who have been excluded from mainstream secondary school and who attend Park Campus Academy also get support from the Outreach Team, on transition to secondary school.
Advice and Support
The Advisory Teacher also supports mainstream schools in strategic planning for behaviour, offering coaching in good practice and building capacity in schools.
Some of the work done in schools are:
- Behaviour audit
- Case work with individual pupils
- Support in setting up behaviour policy protocols and policy
- Setting up nurture/behaviour units
- Whole school INSET and training
- NQT training
- Third Sector provision
- Support in writing CAFs and reports for statutory assessment
- Parent partnership
- Advice and support around the annual review process for statemented pupils.