Careers and Year 11 Transition
All departments within the school recognise the importance of career education, and provide additional support, information and opportunities throughout the curriculum.
The school has been awarded a Careers Award and is working towards embedding the eight Gatsby benchmarks linked to the new statutory guidance for career education.
The Gatsby benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career & labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers & employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounter with further and higher education
- Personal guidance