Covid Spending Plan
Please read the attached letter for information about Covid_19 testing and in-school testing consent.
After taking the Covid test, parents / carers or students should send the Covid test results to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check the links & updates for most recent documents/policies.
1. Actions for schools during the coronavirus outbreak.
2. Guidance for full opening: special schools and other specialist settings.
3. What parents and carers need to know about early years providers, schools and colleges during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Rapid coronavirus testing
As you may be aware, the Government announced that every secondary school and college in England, including special schools and alternative provision, will have access to rapid coronavirus testing from January to help keep staff and pupils as safe as possible while ensuring education settings can remain open.
Information and guidance
Further information is available in DfE’s press notice and guidance on asymptomatic testing in schools and colleges.
A handbook for schools and colleges developed by NHS Test and Trace is available online, here. The website also contains a consent form template and leaflet for communicating with parents, pupils, students and stakeholders and asking for consent.
You may also find the following resources helpful:
- A DfE blog for parents answering some key questions around the announcement
- A blog from Luke Magee, Principal of Wye School, Ashford, Kent which has been part of the COVID-19 mass testing pilot during November and December 2020
Further information on the additional announcement made on the staggered rollout of coronavirus testing for secondary schools and colleges from January is available via DfE’s press notice here.