At Park Campus Academy we recognise that Careers information, advice and guidance helps young people to make the right decisions about their learning and progression.
All departments within the school recognise the importance of career education, and provide additional support, information and opportunities throughout the curriculum.
The school has been awarded a Careers Award and is working towards embedding the eight Gatsby benchmarks linked to the new statutory guidance for career education.
The Gatsby benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career & labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers & employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounter with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Key Stage 4
Students develop skills needed for the world of work through our Prince's Trust curriculum which offers accreditation from Entry Level 3 to Level 2 (dependent on age and ability).
This allows them the opportunity to complete CVs, mock interviews, and work experience alongside softer skills such as teamwork and communication.
Throughout Year 11 students will be supported to make college applications, attend college open days and get personalised progression advice.
Key Stage 3
At Key Stage 3 students work on developing softer skills from the world of work, such as teamwork, communication, community projects and Enterprise.
An apprenticeship allows you to "earn while you learn" and on completion you gain a recognised qualification.
There are three levels of Apprenticeship available, depending on your skills and qualifications:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (level 2),
- Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3),
- Higher Apprenticeship (level 4 or above)
Apprenticeships have different entry requirements depending on the sector and job role.